Address: Bergunda kyrka, 355 93 Växjö
The church was probably built during the later part of the 12th century as a Romanesque church, though it did't have a tower at that time. The tower was added sometime during the 15th century. The church got its present look during a rebuild around 1825 to 1826, where both the in- and outside constructions were concerned.
The longhouse is the oldest part of the church and it was build in the end of the 12th century. An expansion to the church was built between 1825 and 1826, which included the present choir, a wing with the sacristy and a balcony, which was meant to host the owners of Bergkvara castle. The balcony is called "the count's balcony" even today. The tower was built during the 16th century, as a defense tower against the danes, who's front was close by.
The pulpit, the altarpiece, the altar cloth and the chasuble are all gifts from Bergkvara. The count had advowson, which means the right to appoint the priest, until 1921.